Asset Administration & Accounting
A comprehensive asset administration service for your entire product range
CACEIS is a key partner, with a local presence in the main European markets, as well as in North America and Asia. Our asset administration services are based on a centralised global platform, handling all legal and technical portfolio types, which guarantees reporting consistency for your product range across multiple domiciles.
CACEIS has a long history of providing flexible and reliable accounting and valuation solutions to its clients, from asset management companies to institutional clients, covering vanilla to the most complex investment strategies.
Our asset administration platform is fully interfaced with CACEIS's other core systems and is easily connected to third parties, ensuring a fluid accounting process. It has been enriched by a variety of modules that provide best-of-breed marketing, regulatory, tax, risk and performance reporting.
«Where CACEIS's offer really comes into its own is our ability to customise services to suit our clients’ individual needs, in a highly secured environment»
Pierre Oger - Group Product Manager
Asset Administration & Accounting : our services
A comprehensive package designed for institutional investors
CACEIS handles accounting and NAV calculation for Institutional clients such as Insurance companies (Life & non-Life, general account assets directly-owned or via mandates, dedicated funds, ring-fenced funds) and Banks (prop trading).
This service is currently used for over 500 portfolios and some €600bn in assets.
In Luxembourg, CACEIS provides administration and accounting services for accounts / portfolios. CACEIS manages dedicated accounting plans and updates clients’ general accounting systems.
For French insurers, CACEIS proposes valuation services in line with the principles of Euro-Croissance contracts.
«CACEIS can respond to even the most challenging needs of institutional clients»
Pierre Oger - Group Product Manager
Portfolio accounting and valuation
A core service of CACEIS for institutional investors.
The accounting of your portfolios is handled by the most advanced systems and processes to ensure the highest level of reliability.
You can rely on the resulting valuation of your portfolio in order to take your strategic decisions.
French GAAP and IFRS
This service covers the production of statutory financial reporting for institutional clients who have outsourced their accounting to CACEIS, according the locally required accounting standards, such as French GAAP, German GAAP, Swiss GAAP, IFRS, Basel III for banks.
A Cost Effective Customizable Solution
Customisation and industrialisation rarely go hand in hand. However, our Fund Administration business line has identified the strengths of both approaches and, in doing so, has managed to forge a model that uses the best of both worlds, allowing controlled costs yet high adaptability.
Indeed, on the one hand, our Fund Administration platform is shared by all CACEIS entities allowing cost efficiency and reporting consistency and, on the other hand, it offers a high degree of flexibility and encompasses a wide variety of functionalities, investment vehicles and domiciles.
«With a wide range of services, CACEIS can help you from fund structuring to fund administration»
Pierre Oger - Group Product Manager
Fund valuation and accounting
Our administration platform has been customised with proprietary modules and add-ons designed to answer your needs from 30+ different nationalities. The main functions are:
- Structuring functionalities (Multi-currency, Multi-account (by CTA), Multi-manager, Multi-class (distinct by distribution policy, currencies, fees, etc.), hedged share classes, entity pooling (master/feeders) - single domicile and cross-border, virtual pooling (4 methods supported)
- NAV components (Income Equalisation calculation (can be customised depending on the country of distribution and any specific requirement), stable NAV with daily distribution, fees and commissions, with a full range of percentage, tiered, flat, multi-class and multimanager fees covered)
- Valuation (Multiple pricing sources and valuation points according to a pre-defined pricing policy, anti-dilution solutions)
- Accounting (local GAAP relating to 20+ funds domiciles, IFRS)
- NAV release parameters (Estimated NAV (multiple times daily), Unofficial NAV for information, approval or other purposes, Early/Late NAV (follow-the-sun model), Portfolio consolidation and look-through, active accounting, technical portfolio valuation)
With the goal of preserving the portfolio performance and to protect long-term investors in cases of market crisis, we have developed over time a certain number of secure processes regarding the management of liquidity restriction measures (delayed redemption payments, lock-up periods, redemption gates, suspension of the NAV, contribution/repayment in kind, side-pocketing.
In order to protect the portfolio performance on an ongoing basis, we provide you with a complete set of anti-dilution mechanisms which aim at making the subscribers/redeemers bear the cost of rebuilding the portfolio (entry/exit fees, swing pricing).
Financial & Tax reporting
CACEIS provides a full and comprehensive service in relation to specific legislation and regulatory reporting obligations the fund or investor may have in countries of domiciliation and/or distribution:
- Production of annual & semi-annual reports for investment funds including all information imposed by authorities of countries of distribution e.g. Portfolio Turnover Rate (PTR) and Total Expense Ratio (TER)
- Tax and fiscal reporting can be customised depending on the country of distribution and any specific requirement (Interim Profit Calculation, UK Distributor Status (for which we provide data in order to fulfil specific UK conditions), EU TIS and TID calculation (Luxembourg and Swiss; Belgian is in process), OeKB reporting, German Tax).
- Income and capital gains distributions, for which we can at any time, give you an estimation of the amount available for dividend distribution and which is confirmed after the year-end.
CACEIS has led the way with its dynamic and pro-active approach to defining products tailored to your specific needs, i.e. geographical coverage of distribution and management style.
We have developed a recognised expertise in designing and administering asset structuring and pooling products and can have track-record of 20+ years:
- Share classes or group of share classes, characterised by subscription/redemption rights, fees, currency, distribution policy, hedging, etc.
- Multi-portfolio functions, aiming to structure a given portfolio into more specialised sub-portfolios (macro-allocation, selection of external managers, mapping internal asset management organisation)
- Pooling functions, allowing the preservation of asset management efficiency where there is a need for maintaining a certain degree of plurality or diversity in the vehicles used.
We can deliver any reporting required by the regulators
CACEIS offers a wide range of standard regulatory reports for any assets, markets, regulation, which we will send to the regulator in compliance with current regulations and on time. You outsource to us your report collation and ensure regulatory reporting compliance.
CACEIS can generate bespoke reports based on the standard templates including additional data and adapted to your corporate logo and graphics.
«Regulatory reporting production can quickly become a challenge. CACEIS simplifies this compulsory activity»
Pierre Oger - Group Products Director
Depositary statements / Annual and half-year reports
This service covers:
- The production of the Funds annual and half year reports according to the local requirements of the fund domicile, as well as specific requirements according to the countries of distribution, such as translation obligations and/or the calculation of any additional financial information.
- The financial reports may be either produced in standard or client-specific format.
Basel / Solvency / FATCA / AEOI reporting
BASEL III: CACEIS will calculate your Capital Ratios in accordance with Basel III regulations, and will be able to monitor it through time, helping you to concentrate on the corresponding adjustments you might have to deal with.
SOLVENCY: CACEIS will calculate market SCR, stress-testing, prudence reporting. Several levels of service are available, from providing data only after transparency processing to full Solvency II reporting on asset based on standard model. In some cases (health and pension mutual insurance companies and damages insurance companies), liabilities coming from your systems can be integrated to the Solvency II reporting (not available for life insurance companies).
FATCA/AEOI: CACEIS will guide you throughout the compliance process: Backlog analysis; new investor on-boarding procedure; change of situation monitoring; tax reporting (CRS reporting).
In addition to the above, CACEIS can assist you with any regulatory reporting requirements.
Analyze the performance of your funds, while monitoring the risks
Via your OLIS web gateway, you will have a complete range of analysis tools: measurement of your performance, analysis of the distribution of your assets, contribution analysis, breakdown of your performance by asset, analysis of all types of fixed income.
CACEIS has also established a team dedicated to risk analysis for specific monitoring based on your investment strategies. We can also simulate regularly different stress tests covering your funds.
Finally, we can set up specific reports covering the analysis of your performance and risk to meet your specific needs, your colours and logos. Don’t hesitate to talk to us to learn more.
«We can offer an analysis of your performance and simulate different stress test scenarios»
Laurent Majchrzak - Group Products Director
This service covers the production of a monthly Executive Report which provides an in-depth analysis of the Fund’s activities by risk segment formalised within one report. It gives a clear view of the actions to be taken by the Fund’s Directors/Conducting Officers.
We provided dedicated & personalised production of marketing fact sheets for asset management companies
Liquidity report and VAR calculation
The "Liquidity Scores Report" provides the liquidity risk overview of portfolio, a liquidity score and other liquidity measures under specific market and redemption scenarios.
VAR CALCULATION & ASSOCIATED SERVICES (APPLICABLE TO COMPLEX PORTFOLIO)
For sophisticated funds with complex instruments and strategies, we compute Value-at-Risk (VaR) and simulate stress-tests and back-testing which are the building blocks of an appropriate risk management system.
All methodologies are available: Parametric, Historical Simulation, or Monte-Carlo simulation
Performance measurement and attribution
Portfolio return calculations comparing a fund’s performance to its benchmark over various time-periods. To illustrate how risk is rewarded in terms of performance we compute ex-post risk indicators such as volatility, correlation, Sharpe ratio, Information ratio, tracking error, alpha and beta
The Performance Contribution covers the measurement and reporting of a portfolios performance, analysing how each holding in a portfolio contributed to the overall performance of the portfolio.
The Performance Attribution services covers the measurement and reporting of a portfolio’s performance, analysing the performance by contribution of a holding and in respect of a benchmark, highlighting the quality of a manager in terms of securities selection and sector allocation.