The changing face of the funds industry
From consolidation to cryptocurrencies and beyond
A Funds Europe survey in partnership with CACEIS
The funds industry is in flux. As regulatory costs force established players to consolidate, innovations such as exchange-traded funds and cryptocurrencies threaten to seize an ever-greater market share.
Funds Europe, in association with CACEIS, surveyed the industry to determine how the funds world will develop.
Among the highlights of this survey:
- 85% of respondents say traditional asset managers must redefine their offering to meet current investor demands
- Environmental, social and governance (ESG) is viewed as the fund type most likely to attract product development by traditional asset managers
- 69% of respondents say investor appetite for illiquid funds is rising
- 24% believe cryptocurrency funds are a viable fund type in the long term
- 40% expect strong growth in infrastructure assets and 36% expect strong growth in private debt
A total of 206 funds professionals participated in the online survey.